Cansec Air-485 RS-485 Wireless Modem
Category: Door Controller & Software Accessories
Cansec's Air-485 wireless modedm is a wireless RS-485 communications device that is compatible with any RS-485 product on the market. The perfect solution for those installations where wired connections are cost prohibitive. Configured using simple DIP switch settings, Air-485 has a built-in signal strength indicator to assist you in a quick and easy installation. Air-485 supports Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint network topologies with incredible ranges and reliability.
One of the biggest challenges in setting up a wireless system is determining the optimum placement of the RF modems to obtain the right balance of range and signal strength. The Air-485 RF modem contains three LEDs which provide a simple visual indication of signal strength. No meters or other equipment required for the installation. Because the Air-485 modems are totally separate from the wired or wireless LAN, there is no need to configure complex network parameters or involve any IT departments.
• Works with any 2-wire RS-485 product
• Indoor/Urban: 900 MHz: 1300 Ft / 2.4 GHz: 335 Ft
• Line-of-sight: 900 MHz: 6.2 miles / 2.4 GHz: 1 mile
• 900 MHz / 2.4 GHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
• Supports baud rate of 9600 kbps and 38400 kbps. Configurable via DIP switches
• 128-bit AES encryption
• Ideal for installations where wired connections are cost prohibitive
• Supports USB and RS-485 connection with auto detect
• Supports point-to-point and point-to- multipoint network topologies, as well as multiple networks per site
• Built in signal strength indicator LEDs simplify device setup and placement
Ratings Overview(no rating information)
|Power:||USB or 12VDC@1A (with optional power supply)|
|Frequency:||900 MHz FHSS|
|Baud Rate:||9600 kbps / 38400 kbps (Selectable via DIP switches)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40°F to 185°F|
|Dimensions:||4.4" x 3.4" x 1"|
- cansec-air-485-manual; April 2014; Rev 2-0.pdf
- cansec-air-485-manual; Oct 2011; Rev 1-3.pdf
There are no reviews for this product.