HID iClass R15 6140 Contactless Smart Card Reader
Category: Integrated Card Readers
The HID R15 Contactless Smart Card Reader is physically one of the smallest reader in the iClass R Series Reader family. It is an ideal card reader for mullion mounted door installations.
The HID R15 Card Reader was specifically designed to assist customers with the transition from the popular HID MiniProx and other mullion mounted reader form factors. It features the same mounting dimensions as the MiniProx to allow for an easy direct replacement.
iCLASS 13.56 MHz Contactless Smart Readers make access control more powerful, more versatile and offer enhanced security through data encryption and mutual authentication between the card and reader.
iCLASS readers are user-friendly, delivering the same convenience and reliability of HID’s world-renowned Prox technology, with state-of-the-art features, driven by evolving industry requirements.
Upgrading from Prox to iCLASS technology has never been so simple. All iCLASS readers provide the same wiring connections, low-current consumption and 5 to 16 volt operation as our Prox readers. Additionally, you can transfer your Prox format and user identification numbers to iCLASS credentials, making the change completely transparent to your access control system.
Card Compatibility & Typical Maximum Read Range (depending on local installation conditions)
• iClass Card - up to 3.5”
• iClass Key / Tag - up to 1.5”
• MIFARE / DESFire Card (CSN) - up to 2.0”
• 15693 - Read Only; 2K-Bit, 16K-Bit, 32K-Bit iClass Credentials, Serial Number
• 14443B- Read Only; 2K-Bit, 16K-Bit, 32K-Bit iClass Credentials, Serial Number
• 14443A- Read Only; MIFARE & DESFire (Serial Number)
• RoHS Compliant.
• Audio Sounder with various tone sequences.
• High-Intensity Light Bar provides clear visual status even in bright sunlight.
• Rugged, weatherized enclosure is designed to withstand harsh elements while providing reliable performance and resistance to vandalism.
• Format Portability - Upgrading is completely transparent since the same Prox format and user identification numbers are brought across to your iCLASS credentials, including HID Corporate 1000 formats. Also, Elite custom key program is available for a higher level of security.
• Secure 64-Bit authentication keys. Reader and card require matching keys to function. All RF data transmission between the card and reader is encrypted using a secure algorithm. By using industry-standard encryption techniques and advanced key management systems, iCLASS reduces the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.
• Interoperability - iCLASS is based on ISO interoperability standards providing compatibility with many popular card technologies (ISO 15693, ISO 14443A and ISO 14443B).
• Optimal Read Range Performance - An auto-tuning feature automatically adjusts the reader for optimal read range performance on any mounting surface.
• Easy Key Management - Readers and cards are shipped with unique, compatible keys. For extra security, select the Elite Custom Key format. Readers and cards are uniquely matched to individual sites and are non-interchangeable.
Ratings Overview(no rating information)
|Output Format:||Wiegand or Clock-and-Data|
|Mounting Type:||Mullion, Single-Gang Electrical Box (Will Not Cover Box), or Direct on Flat Surface|
|Power Supply:||5 - 16VDC|
|Current Requirements:||Avg. 55mA, Peak 112mA|
|Read Range:||Up To 3.5"|
|Termination:||18" Pigtail or Terminal Strip|
|Housing Material:||Polycarbonate UL 94|
|Operating Temperature:||-31°F to 150°F|
|Operating Humidity:||5 - 95% Relative Humidity Non-Condensing|
|Cable Distance:||500 Ft.|
|Dimensions:||6.0"H x 1.9"W x 0.9"D|
|Warranty:||Lifetime Limited Warranty|
There are no reviews for this product.