HID iClass RW400 Contactless Smart Card Reader / Writer
Category: Integrated Card Readers
The HID RW400 Contactless Smart Card Reader / Writer is designed to mount and cover single gang switch boxes.
iCLASS 13.56 MHz Contactless Smart Card Readers / Writers make access control and read/write applications more powerful, more versatile, and most importantly, offer enhanced security through encryption and mutual authentication.
iCLASS Card Reader / Writers are user-friendly, delivering the same convenience and reliability of HID’s world renowned Prox technology, with state-of-the-art features, driven by the ever-evolving industry requirements.
Providing read/write capability, iCLASS is the platform of choice for custom applications. With HID iCLASS credential data storage capacities of 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) or 32k bit (4k Byte), this reader line allows for secure bi-directional data exchange between card and reader by reading and writing user data to iCLASS cards. iCLASS-enabled read/write applications include biometric template storage, cashless vending, time and attendance, alarm system control, point of sale terminals and many more.
Card Compatibility & Typical Maximum Read Range (depending on local installation conditions)
• iClass Card - up to 4.75”
• iClass Key / Tag - up to 2.0”
• MIFARE / DESFire Card (CSN) - up to 2.5”
• 15693 - Read Only; 2K-Bit, 16K-Bit, 32K-Bit iClass Credentials, Serial Number
• 14443B- Read Only; 2K-Bit, 16K-Bit, 32K-Bit iClass Credentials, Serial Number
• 14443A- Read Only; MIFARE & DESFire (Serial Number)
• RoHS Compliant.
• Audio Sounder with various tone sequences.
• High-Intensity Light Bar provides clear visual status even in bright sunlight.
• Rugged, weatherized enclosure is designed to withstand harsh elements while providing reliable performance and resistance to vandalism.
• Expansion Modularity - Every RW Reader comes with an expansion socket that accepts RS232, RS485, USB or direct UART communications.
• Secure 64-Bit authentication keys. Reader and card require matching keys to function. All RF data transmission between the card and reader is encrypted using a secure algorithm. By using industry-standard encryption techniques and advanced key management systems, iCLASS reduces the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.
• Interoperability - iCLASS is based on ISO interoperability standards providing compatibility with many popular card technologies (ISO 15693, ISO 14443A and ISO 14443B).
• Optimal Read Range Performance - An auto-tuning feature automatically adjusts the reader for optimal read range performance on any mounting surface.
• Easy Key Management - Readers and cards are shipped with unique, compatible keys. For extra security, select the Elite Custom Key format. Readers and cards are uniquely matched to individual sites and are non-interchangeable.
Ratings Overview(no rating information)
|Output Format:||Wiegand and RS232, RS485 (Half or Full-Duplex), USB, or UART|
|Mounting Type:||Single-Gang Electrical Box|
|Power Supply:||5 - 16VDC|
|Current Requirements:||Avg. 55mA, Peak 121mA|
|Read Range:||Up To 4.75"|
|Housing Material:||Polycarbonate UL 94|
|Operating Temperature:||-31°F to 150°F|
|Operating Humidity:||5 - 95% Relative Humidity Non-Condensing|
|Cable Distance:||1 - 4000 Ft.|
|Dimensions:||4.8"H x 3.3"W x 1.0"D|
|Warranty:||Lifetime Limited Warranty|
There are no reviews for this product.