HID MultiClass RP15 6143 iClass & Proximity Card Reader
Category: Integrated Card Readers
The HID RP15 Contactless & Proximity Card Reader is physically one of the smallest readers in the iClass Reader family. It is an ideal card reader for mullion mounted door installations and is a drop-in replacement for the HID MiniProx.
The multiCLASS family of card readers is designed for customers upgrading their current card system from the most popular proximity technologies to iCLASS credentials. With the RP15 reader, the customer has the ability to transition to smart cards over time while incorporating the use of multiple card technologies within a single building or across multiple facilities.
The multiCLASS reader line provides enhanced security through mutual authentication and data encryption. HID, Indala and other popular proximity technologies are supported by multiCLASS. Save on system configuration costs by keeping system upgrade simple. Whether reading proximity, iCLASS or multi-technology cards, identical user identification data formats are sent to the panel. Unlike competitor products, HID multiCLASS readers support all HID and Indala Proximity formats, including Corporate 1000, long and FlexSecur.
Only the multiCLASS family of products provides true iCLASS security, the ease of proximity technology, the power of smart cards and the confidence of choosing HID, the worldwide leader in access control.
Card Compatibility & Typical Maximum Read Range (depending on local installation conditions)
• iCLASS Card 3.0 - 3.25”
• iCLASS Key/Tag: 1.0 – 1.5”
• HID Prox ISO Card: 2.5 – 3.5”
• HID Prox Clamshell Card: 3.5 – 4.0”
• HID Prox Keyfob/Tag: 1.25 – 1.75”
• Indala Proximity ISO Card: 1.5 – 2.0”
• Indala Proximity Clamshell Card: 1.75 – 2.25”
• Indala Proximity Keyfob/Tag: 1.0 – 1.25”
125 kHz Proximity
• HID or Indala proximity cards, keyfobs, and tags
• AWID Credentials • EM4102 Credentials
13.56 MHz contactless smart cards
• ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte)
iCLASS Credentials, serial number
• ISO 14443A - read only; MIFARE and DESFire (serial number)
• ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte),16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte)
• RoHS Compliant.
• Audio Sounder with various tone sequences.
• High-Intensity Light Bar provides clear visual status even in bright sunlight.
• Rugged, Weatherized Enclosure is designed to withstand harsh elements while providing reliable performance and resistance to vandalism.
• Unique Read Selection - Enable iClass, proximity or both technologies at the same time.
• Seamless Upgrade - Same wiring, power and interface as many popular proximity readers.
• Secure 64-Bit authentication keys. Reader and card require matching keys to function. All RF data transmission between the card and reader is encrypted using a secure algorithm. The key management system reduces the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.
• Optimal Read Range Performance - An auto-tuning feature automatically adjusts the reader for optimal read range performance on any mounting surface.
Ratings Overview(no rating information)
|Frequency:||13.56 MHz & 125 kHz|
|Output Format:||Wiegand or Clock-and-Data|
|Mounting Type:||Mullion, Single-Gang Electrical Box (Will Not Cover Box), or Direct on Flat Surface|
|Power Supply:||5 - 16VDC|
|Current Requirements:||Avg. 55mA, Peak 114mA|
|Read Range:||Up To 4"|
|Housing Material:||Polycarbonate UL 94|
|Operating Temperature:||-31°F to 150°F|
|Operating Humidity:||5 - 95% Relative Humidity Non-Condensing|
|Cable Distance:||500 Ft.|
|Dimensions:||6.0"H x 1.9"W x 0.9"D|
|Warranty:||Lifetime Limited Warranty|
There are no reviews for this product.